RISD’s Residence Life program offers a sense of shared community with a wide variety of housing options on campus. Whether you live in the Quad, the historic Hill Houses, Charles Landing or 15 West, you’ll discover that the people here—who not only study at RISD but immerse themselves fully in the campus community—share a passion for their work and a curiosity about others.
Shipping to RISD
RISD has partnered with Jones Storage to meet the shipping needs of incoming students. If you'd like to ship belongings to campus prior to the start of the fall semester, please check out the detailed instructions for new students provided by Mail Services and refer to the Enrollment and beyond page for when to begin shipping.
Moving day tips
Though most incoming students will move in on Sunday, September 2, please refer to the Enrollment and beyond page for move-in dates associated with participation in POSE, International Orientation and Brown|RISD Dual Degree Pre-Orientation.
Here are some tips for making the move-in process as smooth as possible:
- Label everything you have with your name, residence hall name and room number
- Check your RISD email regularly for move-in related updates
- Keep an eye on the weather forecast (any weather-related changes to move-in schedules will be posted on this page)
- Use “2 Waterman Street, Providence, RI 02903” as your GPS destination (you will see color-coded signs as you drive up the hill directing you to your particular residence hall)
- If you experience travel delays due to the weather or other unforeseen circumstances and expect to arrive at RISD later than move-in hours, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On move-in day, representatives from various departments across campus will be present at a resource fair to share information and answer any questions
- Residence Life staff will be available if you need assistance on move-in day (you can also call us at 401 454-6650)
- If you have any questions before you arrive, please email us at email@example.com